I’m in the zone. I’m submerged. I’m exhilarated.
This is why I do this.
In the middle of revamping my WIP and no, it’s not one of those revision slumps where you never move past the first few chapters. Been there. Done that. No. I have moved beyond. In fact, I wrote ahead and learned a few things about my characters. They walked right off the screen and breathed hot emotion down my neck. They whacked me a time or two. They took over and I would kiss their asses for it if I knew how to physically crawl into their world.
So, the beginning now needs a little work and since my critique group is raring to go, I’m cramming to get this in shape fast for them.
Yeah, it took 2nd in a contest recently. This new version could have taken first.Positive tude, eh?
So, just a few notes:
1. Make sure to visit Rachel Vincent‘s blog often! Her agent will be hanging out all week. There’s a fantastic post on how Rachel came about getting her agent and readers can post or email questions. See my last post for details, but it does go on a few more days.
2. Run to Romance Novel Reviews – Smart Bitches: Come for the Dominican Bitches, Stay fo and at least read the blurb for this book. You have to pick “more” at the bottom, but I busted a gut laughing. They’ve challenged their readers to create cover art for this book, so if you have any talent in that direction, I dare you to blow their minds. Clever bitches.
3. Last night after karate lessons, I took my kids with me to pick up groceries. I turn to find my 15 year-old daughter has my 9 year-old son in a chokehold. She says he walked into it. Yeah. So, since he’s laughing, I turn to get something and hear her tell him she loves him. Aw. His reaction? “The love! It burns! It burns!” — I really, really like my kids.
4. I’m super flattered and okay, tickled, when someone points out my designs from The Write Snark : CafePress.com on their blogs. I don’t mind at all. But, I work hard on the designs, the layout, the marketing– you name it, but it’s work– so I get a little wary of people who post the designs without links. I’m so happy you like them, but please make sure to link. I’ve added a friendly reminder to the newly redesigned Snark. New, better color scheme there!
5. I also added a few more designs… was feeling naughty this week.
There are a few more in the Dark Snark section.
And since I’m concentrating and don’t need to be playing rock star– I get loud– I’m listening to absolutely sensational instrumental rock artists like Mogwai:
http://www.mogwai.co.uk/podcast/audio/podcast-2006-03-29-28891.mp3 (Just turn it up, baby.)
Their Website if you want more… Mogwai – Home
To hear more clips: Hungry Ghosts : Alone, Alone – Listen, Review and Buy at ARTISTdirect
Both of these bands offer lovely, brooding ambiance…